LightZone is a 'digital darkroom' for your JPEG and RAW images. It's been around for years and was once a commercial product, but is now open source.
Getting started can be as easy as opening an image and choosing a 'Style', a built-in combination of editing settings. Examples are 'Soft Skin Tones', 'SLR Sharpen', 'Midtones Sharpening', 'Skin Glow', 'Bright Scene', 'Dark Scene', 'Fill Flash', 'Crisp', 'Hard', and 'Soft Toning'.
LightZone (www.lightzoneproject.org) is a professional-level digital darkroom and photo editor for Mac, Windows, and Linux. It includes RAW processing and editing. It includes RAW processing and editing.
There are also multiple tools available which allow you to take more control, including 'Relight', 'Sharpen', 'Gaussian Blur', 'Hue/ Saturation', 'Color Balance', 'White Balance', 'Black and White', 'Noise Reduction', 'Clone', 'Spot' and 'Red Eyes'.
Most of these give you plenty of scope for fine-tuning. Click 'Sharpen', say, and you're able to set an amount, radius, threshold, blending mode, opacity, make a colour selection, and more.
- Download lightzone windows, lightzone windows, lightzone windows download free.
- DOWNLOADS FOR LIGHTZONE. Go to the 'Source Code' menu bar tab to be taken directly to GitHub for the download packages. The hosting service for our download packages for Windows and Mac has been experiencing intermittent problems following server maintenance this past weekend. There is nothing we can do about this, so please be patient.
- But now, after a long wait, LightZone 4.2 is here and now has lens corrections and some other goodies. This is a bit that has long been missing and has long been hoped for by the community. Masahiro has done it again, though, and after a major effort has managed to integrate this feature into LightZone. We owe him a huge debt of thanks.
- Update: Effective March, 2014, you must be a fully registered member of The LightZone Project in order to download the program. See the message above about registration. Once the registration process is fully completed and you have logged in after approval, you will see the download links for Linux, Windows, and Mac in the left sidebar.
LightZone's 'regions' are vector masks which restrict a tool's effect to specific areas of an image.
Whatever tools you use are organised in a 'stack', similar to layers in other applications. This means that if you carry out several operations on an image, you can always step back to any of these, modify or delete it, and view the results right away.
What's new in 4.1.8 (see changelog for more)?
- Add Spanish Help files by RobertoQ
- Show GPS metadata from EXIF on Metadata pane. Clicking the GPS metadata will open Google Maps in a web browser.
- Show more makernote metadata, especially lens names
- Support more Crop ratios (#199)
- Accept multiple files and folders as command line arguments or drag-and-drop onto LightZone icon
- Open recent file/folder in another frame when in Editor mode
- To release unused JVM memory, introduce G1 Garbage Collector. Both MinHeapFreeRatio and MaxHeapFreeRatio are set to 30.
- Do not show stack trace from BadImageMetadataException
- Append '_lzn' suffix for batch-processed images
- Windows - Support build on MSYS2
Lightzone Download Mac Mojave
It's not quite Lightroom, but LightZone does have plenty of photo-tweaking technology, and is very usable even if you have no detailed photo editing experience at all.