Mac Firefox 2.0 downloading and opening linked files I am able to change the download location in firefox prefs. But when I click on a pdf file in a link and open the file in Preview, the file is downloaded to my desktop, eventhough my downloads go to 'my downloads' folder. With the release of iOS 14, you can now make Firefox your go-to, get-it-done, default browser. And with Firefox widgets, you can jump right to searching the web or using private browsing mode straight from your phone’s home screen. PRIVACY CONTROL IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES Firefox gives you greater privacy protection while you’re on the web.
Firefox 48.0.2 Mac Download
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .
By default, Firefox updates automatically. You can always update manually, in which case an update is downloaded but not installed until you restart Firefox.
- Click the menu button , click Help and select About Firefox.On the menu bar click the Firefox menu and select About Firefox.
- The About Mozilla FirefoxAbout Firefox window opens. Firefox will check for updates and download them automatically.
- When the download is complete, click .
Firefox Download Mac 10.6.8for more information).
Stay safe: Download only from the official Mozilla links above to avoid malware and other online threats.
Firefox Free Download For Mac
Update settings can be changed in Firefox OptionsPreferences. Click the menu button and select .. In the General panel, scroll down to the Firefox Updates section.