There's nothing worse than losing Wi-Fi or data coverage when you're halfway through your favorite video on YouTube. While YouTube does allow you to save some videos for offline watching, with a little effort, you can download them in HD as well. All you need is the VLC media player installed on your system. And the procedure is as easy as using VLC.
Disclaimer: According to Google’s Terms of Service for YouTube, “You shall not download any Content unless you see a ‘download’ or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.” So, it is illegal to download YouTube videos. This how-to is for informational purpose only. It is recommended to subscribe to YouTube Premium for downloading videos.
Gihosoft TubeGet for Mac. If you are looking the best way to download YouTube videos on a.
Steps to download YouTube videos using VLC media player
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to grab (click in the URL bar, then click Command + A and Command + C). Open the Toolbox menu from the Menu bar. Click Download Video.
- Download Mac Video Downloader for Mac to download YouTube, Hulu, UStream, CBS, MTV, HBO, and any Web video to your PC in any format. Release July 19, 2017.
- Install the VLC app on your Mac OS. Click here to download the app.
- Open VLC and then select File, Open Network.
- Paste the URL (link address) of the YouTube video you want to download.
- Once the video starts playing, click 'Window' and then 'Media Information'.
- Find the 'Location' bar and copy that URL.
- Open your browser and paste that URL.
- Right-click the video and select 'Save Video As'.
- Select the desired location and save the video.
How To Download Youtube Videos Mac 2017
Note that some of the menu might change with each release of the VLC media player. However, procedure remains the same. This how-to is verified to be working with the v3.0.x of the VLC media player.
Download Youtube Videos Mac 2017 Free
Do you find this how-to helpful? Let us know by dropping a comment below.